(Gloria here!) Prescription glasses and I have a long history together. I have worn glasses since the second grade, about 7 years old. I am also very nearsighted so glasses are a big deal to me.
I shudder to think how much money I have spent on glasses over the years and lately the cost of new glasses has gone sky high. The optical places seem to have us over a barrel because you can only get glasses at certain places!
Enter Zenni Optical (down stage right, spotlight glowing)!!! Freedom from high prices and control firmly in the hands of the customer!
I recently purchased my first pair of glasses from Zenni. Bottom line: I am THRILLED!! Here's why:
- The website is extremely user friendly and clearly explains all you need to know to find your fit for glasses.
- The LOW COST! I need a strong prescription so I had to get the more expensive lenses and still my glasses only cost me $89.00 which included the $5.00 shipping.
- You can upload a picture of yourself so you can "try on" the glasses and see what looks good. That is always the hard part..finding what looks good and the style that you like.
- It only took a couple of weeks to get the glasses so plan ahead when ordering. Don't expect to get them right away, like the big box stores. But for me the savings of hundreds of dollars was well worth the wait. :)
- The quality of the glasses is awesome. They are not flimsy like some I have had. You have many options to choose from and can get alloy metal all the way up to titanium, not to mention the trendy plastic frames! :)
Just go to the optometrist (eye doctor) of your choice. Get your new prescription and make sure they measure your PD and tell you the number. You will need this number. From Zenni, "The PD or Pupillary Distance is the distance between the pupils of the eyes, center to center, in millimeters. Most people have a PD between 54mm and 74mm. If you received two values, such as 31/31.5, then the values are the distance from the center of your nose to each pupil center. A PD should be provided as part of your prescription."
Seriously, if you need prescription glasses, you should check out Zenni. I plan to buy more, just for a different look because I loved them so much.
Also, they recently had a buy one, get one half off sale, so keep an eye out for their deals. (LOL.)
Here's to a clearer view on things!
You will find us linked up at some of these fine sites.