Monday, May 27, 2013

Cool & Creamy Coleslaw




Cool, creamy, fresh, crunchy, sweet, tangy, it's all that and more!  There's something about coleslaw that just speaks SUMMER!!

If you have always wanted to make your own coleslaw from scratch, this recipe is for you.  It's simple to make but awesome to the taste buds.  This coleslaw is literally the best I have ever eaten.  Better than...well, we won't go there!

You can add more veggies or spices but you should try it as it is and then decide if it needs anything. :)

Ingredients:

1 head cabbage
1 carrot, grated

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt

(I know!!! That's it! You can do that, right?) :D You won't believe how good it is with just those simple ingredients!

Directions:

Shred the cabbage in the food processor or cut it coarsely with a knife.  Grate (or shred) the carrot and add to the cabbage in a large bowl.

Mix the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl, whisking together.  Add to the cabbage and carrot and stir until well mixed.  If you pop it in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight, the flavors will blend and the sauce seems to increase!  Mix before serving.  

Enjoy this delicious coleslaw with your next barbecue, picnic or gathering.  You'll be so glad you did! 

You will find us linked up at some of these fine sites.

23 comments:

  1. Yummy! I've been wanting to try a simple coleslaw recipe for ages, just hadn't found a recipe I was brave enough to try. This one looks perfect - thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! You should like this one, it's our favorite from anywhere, and it's very easy. :) It tastes so good when it's this fresh! :D

      Delete
  2. I love a good recipe for cole slaw! I would love for you to share at my Tried and True party! I found you from the Marvelous Monday party! http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/05/tried-and-true-recipe-14.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Jackie! This is definitely one of the good recipes for coleslaw! :) Thanks for the invite. :D

      Delete
  3. Oh this recipe for Colslaw looks awesome! I love it to acompany so many dishes. Thank you for the recipe and for your sweet and kind visit.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is. :D And yes, I think coleslaw goes with just about any summer meal!! You're very welcome and thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is super simple! Wish I had this last week for our company party. I will surely add this to my recipe.box! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're proud to be added to your recipe collection, Patricia! :D This would be a delicious dish for a party! :D

      Delete
  5. yummy! Hopping over from the gathering spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hopping over, Katherine! :D We hope you hop back sometime soon! ;)

      Delete
  6. I always like to check out Coleslaw recipes it's one of my favorite sides! I enjoyed checking out your blog and I am Google+ following now. I would love to have you share your recipe(s)at the Shady Porch Rock N Share party…going on now! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm, we love Coleslaw too, especially THIS recipe. :D Thanks for the G+ follow and for the party invitation!

      Delete
  7. This looks good. I'm following you on Pinterest now, and swinging by to say hello from Thursday's Favorite Things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All right! We love new Pinterest followers! Thanks for swinging by. :D

      Delete
  8. I love cole slaw! This looks so simple and yummy!

    Found you at the Real Housewives of riverton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple - check! Yummy - double check!! :D Glad you found us and hope to see you around! :)

      Delete
  9. Can't wait to try this! I have to admit, I've never made cole slaw! Can't wait to make this! Thanks for sharing this on Give Me the Goods Monday link party!
    Amy @ www.commona-myhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've gotta try it at least once in your life, Amy, then you can scratch "made perfect homemade coleslaw" off your bucket list! ;)

      Delete
  10. We love Cole Slaw and your Coleslaw looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a fabulous weekend.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miz Helen! :) It surely is delicious, I hope you try the recipe sometime yourself! :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Ashley! Thanks for stopping by and inviting us to your giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coleslaw is a must have summer food in my opinion :) Thanks so much for sharing at last week's All My Bloggy Friends! I can't wait to see what you share this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jamie! I quite agree... Summer wouldn't be the same without coleslaw... especially THIS coleslaw! :D

      Delete

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to comment on our blog! We are delighted to have you here and hope you enjoyed and were inspired by our posts. Have a lovely day!